Overview of Bioinformatics
An integrated platforms are established for managing and analyzing experimental omics data and exploring the static and dynamic behavior of intracellular metabolism and signaling pathways in microbial and mammalian cells. To achieve this goal through an integrated pipeline, four steps are mainly involved.
- Developing data standards and data structure
- Designing software architecture
- Implementation of (web) applications
- Integrated platform for managing and analyzing omics data and in silico models
WEbcoli is an integrated environment for designing, analyzing and engineering genome-scale E. coli metabolic model online. It is designed to enhance usability and dynamic web accessibility. Features include:
- Virtually design and synthesize mutant strains derived from the wildtype E. coli model to customize pathways of interest
- Quantify metabolic fluxes by constraints-based flux balance analysisto explore the physiological and metabolic behaviors under various conditions
WEbcoli is available at http://webcoli.org.
GlycoVault addresses the need for a centralized storage and visualization platform for glycan data. GlycoVault allows users to upload and store experimental glycan data along with some annotation data.
Features of GlycoVault:
- acts as a storage and management system for glycan data.
- generates reports of glycan structures obtained.
- outputs pictorial representation.
- provides tools to visually explore glycan structures through an interactive drawing interface